Nut Aware School
To minimize risk to students with nut sensitivities we ask for no food items that contains nut products be sent/brought into the school.
Use of fragrances including perfumes, colognes, and body sprays can cause difficulties for individuals who suffer from asthma, or other respiratory illnesses, and who are prone to headaches. To maintain an optimal learning and working environment, we are asking our students, and staff, to only use these fragrances in the gym change rooms and/or washrooms, and to consider others when using these products.
Being Nut Aware means you are:
- Aware that nut allergies can cause serious and can kill
- Aware that some of our students have life-threatening nut allergies
- Aware that it is everyone’s right to be safe at school
- Aware of the signs and of anaphylaxis, and what to do if you see it
- Aware that great alternatives exist
It is everyone's responsibility to help keep all of our students safe. Nuts can kill; please keep them out of the school.
Parents of any child with allergies must inform the office and provide appropriate, up to date, medication in case of exposure. While we make every effort to keep students from being exposed to allergens, we can not guarantee it will never occur.